Happy Birthday, Zack!

At exactly 10:46 p.m. Eastern Time on July 1st, 1990, you entered this world and breathed new life into mine. I never knew a love so deep. My heart was so full of love and adoration--it was a feeling of completeness, but yet I had never realized there was a void before you filled it. You have given me the greatest gift of motherhood. Anything I ever aspired to be before I gave birth to you, was of little significance. The tiny treasure looking up at me with the biggest deep blue eyes revealed what was most important in my life and that was being a mom to you. You were always so full of wonder, constant curiosity, questions, mischief, overly dramatic in your expressions and always a camera hog. Not much has changed about that in 17 years!

I remember how you loved all the baby Mickey's and Minnie's that were in your nursery; how you used to scoot your walker over to the Christmas tree and single-handidly "un-decorate" the bottom two feet of the tree; how you used to hum along with Nana when she rocked you; how it seems you were born loving baseball and continue to 'till this day; how you adored your cousin, Taylor, and were always trying to take care of her, entertain her and make her laugh (again, not much has changed there!); how you used to open your mouth real big when you sang and really enunciated each and every syllable; your first day of school, what a big guy you were, while I fought back tears long enough to get back in the car; how you were and have always been such a grateful child; how you used to always want to be right in the middle of things (like when Dianne and I would be talking and you would try to wiggle your way inbetween the front seats of the car so you could hear better!)...there are so many memories of your childhood that have shaped you into the wonderful guy you are today...I could go on and on.

You are smart, responsible, tender-hearted, honest, polite, handsome, a hard worker, and still a very grateful child. I am so proud of the man you are becoming, but a part of me wants that little snuggle bug back to do it all over again. You have been such a joy to raise and I'm finding it hard to watch you fly. Mama wants to keep you in the nest as long as I can...but I know that I can't clip your wings, because watching you fly and soar higher and higher will be my greatest accomplishment and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for your future. You are my heart. I love you Zack---Happy Birthday!

(Below are a few photos. My scanner is not working, so I had to take pictures of pictures. Some are blurry and some have the flash spot on them, but it's the only way I could get them posted!)
first Christmas...
first haircut...
Helping Ed Mangan rake the Braves pitcher's mound before our first World Series game.
First day of Preschool at New Hope and graduation from preschool...
Fun with the bubble gun...
Taking the "catcher's stance" and showing off a big, bad tattoo!
Pretending to shave...
First day of school at Landmark and kindergarten graduation (pretending to talk on the cell phone)
part of photo shoot for "Kiddin' Around" Modeling Agency in Atlanta
One of many trips to Disney World, but the first for our new family
The whole crew...
Vacation in West Palm Beach...
Southbeach in Miami...
In the mountains of Gatlinburg...
Beach in Turks and Caicos Islands...
16th Birthday at the Spaghetti Factory (Atlanta)
New car for 16th birthday...
Drum Major award...
At a friend's house in Atlanta...
17th birthday, Georgia Aquarium...
After dinner at ESPN Zone we went to Cheesecake Factory for dessert!
Happy 17th Birthday Zack!

7 sweet friends had to say...:

Dianne said...

Great post...and Zack wasn't always just trying to wiggle between the seats...he'd also tell us to turn the radio down as well. :-) I remember laughing at that even then. So many of those pictures are of how he still is in my head...it's hard to believe he's so grown!

Jean said...

What a touching post! And such cute pics! I totally know what you mean about wanting to do it again. When I look at my kids' baby and toddler pictures, I just wish I could hold them again.

Tonja said...

What a wonderful tribute to your son. How blessed you are, as is he. These sons just seem to grow up so fast, and become men way too early. I wish we could just stop time and enjoy each moment to its fullest. But, time just keeps marching on, doesn't it? I'm reminded of a quote I read somewhere that has stuck with me through the years..."The only thing God has to make men with are little boys".

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

What a wonderful tribute to your son, Tracey! sounds like y'all had a fun time in Hotlanta!

Rhoda

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Oh Tracey, what a wonderful dedication to your boy...

I hope you all have the most wonderful celebration!

Blessings on Zack and your family!

Lisa

MorningSong said...

So sweet!! I can't imagine my babies being so big!! My JB loves all sports too!! He wants to take a ball everywhere we go. I let him and then I wonder which he will choose for the long haul.

Happy Birthday Zack! You have a great Mom and it seems you've had a fun life!!
Your son is handsome!! :)

Justabeachkat said...

Tracey

I got teary eyed just reading your sweet, beautiful post. Very touching. I loved seeing all the pictures and watching him grow. You've taught him well and instilled in him great values. He'll be just fine as he spreads his wings and you'll be thrilled to watch him soar.

Hugs!
Kat

 
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates