Been a long time...

Wow! I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last posted! In some ways, it seems like a long time, but in other ways, it seems like just yesterday!

This summer has flown by and for that, I'm grateful! Zack is finishing up Summer Term this Thursday and we're going down to move him back. He will only be home two weeks, then we have to move him back down for fall/spring. I know that will be hard, because it will be a long time before he is able to come back home--probably Christmas break. Unfortunately, we have to completely move him out of the dorm he is in now because he is in a different dorm in the fall. He's excited though, it's a 4 bedroom, 4 bath, apartment-style dorm--so he's thrilled that he's getting his own bathroom!

He's done real well---adjusted well, made alot of new friends, enjoyed his classes. It's been a newfound, liberating experience and it feels like he's matured so much in these past 6 weeks. For me, it's been kinda rough. Initially, I cried and cried and wasn't too motivated to do anything, but I'm adjusting--and thanks to my sweet friend, Joy, reading about others that have experienced the same feelings I'm experiencing has helped. She loaned me a book about surviving the empty nest syndrome, and I'm slowly working my way through it!

I start back at the school on August 5th. This year they've asked me to work full time, and since I don't have too much going on with real estate, I accepted. I do have a closing tomorrow though, for which I'm thankful! They are few and far between!

I've missed my bloggy friends. I check in from time to time, and hopefully soon I'll post some photos that I've been meaning to post for the past two months! Thanks for the sweet emails and for checking up on me! Love y'all!

10 sweet friends had to say...:

Tropical Mexican said...

Welcome back, you've been missed.

If you need storage for any of his stuff, let me know. You could use some of our garage space if you need it.

Jean said...

Yipee!!! I've enjoyed seeing that cute picture of you and Zach every single day, but it's even better to see a new post. I so remember having to do the moving things out for two weeks, then back into a different dorm for Frank. We rented a storage unit close to the college. But hey, why not take Lisa up on her offer? You'd get to meet her and George and Sophie in person, and I would be one jealous mamma!

Profbaugh said...

Oh my Tracy.

Sounds like you're "adjusting" just fine to all this. It's so hard when they go away!!

Anyway, I'm glad you're BACK! You've been missed.

Much love,
~Cheryl

Mindy said...

Good to hear from you. I've missed your posts.
I think it stinks that you have to move everything home and then back again. yuck!

Blessings on you!

violetlady said...

Welcome back, Tracey. Yes, the real estate closings have been few and far between. I am glad that Zach adjusted well and so did Mom!

Justabeachkat said...

Well, well...what a nice surprise! It's nice to see a post from you. I missed you.

Shoot...full time? I was hoping you'd have some time to come for a visit soon since the real estate market has been slow and Zach has been away.

Hugs!
Kat

Deedra said...

Glad your back! I've missed your posts too! I'm glad to hear that Zach is enjoying his first semester! I hope the times in between his next visit home will pass quickly!

Rita Loca said...

I just spent a day in Sao Paolo, albeit the airport, but I thought of you.

Sherry said...

I, too, am glad that you are back. I was getting a little worried especially since you had been down about Zack's flight from the nest. I started an email to you but decided since you didn't know me (I've only commented a couple times) I wouldn't stick my nose is your business :)

Glad you are coming through the empty nest ok. I've been there, done that and wore the Tee-shirt! God is faithful and always comes through for us in some fashion, doesn't He?

Blessings!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, girlfriend! How have you been? Looks like everyone has had a busy summer. Hope to see you around more when Sept. gets here.

xo,
Rhoda

 
Free Website templatesFree Flash TemplatesFree joomla templatesSEO Web Design AgencyMusic Videos OnlineFree Wordpress Themes Templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates